I am organising ascots first tweet up and I wanted to put a bit of a spin on it with a crowd-sourced youtube viewing part of the evening, it’s explained a little more below.
Why have a decided to run a TweetUp in Ascot? Well a number of reasons:
- It’s close to where I live
- I know the owner of the venue (which is lovely by the way)
- I’m not aware of any tweetups going on in the ‘burbs’
- I thought twitter is probably mature enough now that theres a good chance of getting a gathering together in Ascot
- I know some fellow twitter people in the area that I know are interested in such a gathering @beckysocial @jaime_keenan @teampalmhills
- I wanted to see if I can make it work, and if it’s a success run another
- But most of all, I wanted to connect the digital with the real world and chat with some like minded individuals
- Date for your Diary 28th Feb the rest of the details are here http://ascottwtup.eventbrite.com/
- You can follow the hashtag here #ascottwtup
- Follow me for all the updates @brandjoe
A Tweet Up with a difference
At this tweet up we’ll have a YouTube screening for an hour of the event, anything you want to see, simply provide up to 3 links to YouTube videos that you think will be interesting to everyone else, these can literally be anything you like (as long as they are from YouTube). The videos you find might be:
- Short movies
- How to’s
- Animated infograhics
- but the list is endless
There’s only one rule – they cannot be self promotional
On the day of the event we will then show a selection of the best submissions.
Anyway come one, come all, I just hope some of you can make it!!