- Are you content with your content? For about five years now I’ve been talking to clients about content, as well as delivering courses on the subject for the IDM – two factors that suggest to me that content marketing is reaching a state of maturity. So how can it still be that only 35% of marketers have a documented content strategy […]
- A Guide to Social Walls Here at MOI we do quite a lot of events – over 200 a year across the globe. Social Wall’s are pretty much the norm for events these days, so we thought we’d put together a quick guide so you can make the right choice for your event. Power to you. Source: MOI
- Break Neck Marketing So here it is, Episode 4 – Some have said the funniest and most educational video content Nick and I have produced to date and for some reason we’ve not managed to do another once since. I will find the time to get back into this really soon.
- You’re not boring me …. Honest From the title of this article, it could go anywhere … From the image, it’s going squarely towards my apple watch I’ve been using it for about 2 months now, lots of people ask me “how do you find it?” or they ridicule me, fortunately, I have tough (and hairy)skin and they can “do one” The […]
- B2B UX: The great oxymoron B2B software and websites do not deliver the same experience as their B2C counterparts. Why? And what should we do about it? I explore this area in depth in the current issue of the IDM Journal of Direct, Data and Digital Marketing Practice, but read on for the abridged version. Let’s start with what I […]
- Is content the answer? Well that depends very much on the question. Researching a stat to express how much content is out there on the web, I found this: 5 exabytes of online content is created each day. Sounds impressive, doesn’t it? It is. According to our friends at Wikipedia, the prefix ‘exa’ “indicates multiplication by the sixth power […]
- Social Media Framework 2015 It staggers me how unbelievably polarised organisations have become when it comes to the maturity of their social media programmes. Twitter recently celebrated its 9th birthday, and while there are some organisations with a social media strategy mature enough to have fledgling social selling programmes, there are many others that have barely begun to figure […]
- Welcome to Break Neck Marketing! Welcome to Break Neck Marketing. In our very first episode, Nick and I talk about reinvention, emotional marketing, and the latest tech buzzword, Internet of Things! Break neck transcribed Video 1: Welcome to Break Neck Marketing The ‘it sounds like’ Joe: Well… Nick: Gimme a sound’s like Joe: (laughs), it sounds like, it sounds like for […]
- Why is most personalisation so impersonal? Am I alone in thinking that, when I receive a “personalised” email from a brand – i.e. it greets me by name, it actually feels pretty impersonal? To me, “Hi Joe” just means I handed over my personal details to someone and now my name is sitting on their database waiting to be used in […]
- Be Brave. Be Disruptive. Brave /breiv/ (Adj) ready to face and endure danger or pain; showing courage. For the sake of this blog, I’m going to use the second part of the definition. To show courage. How many brands do we know that have been brave in this era of digital disruption? Not that many. To thrive and not […]
Imagination & Graft
These are the ramblings of a semi-literate individual trying to make sense of it all. I'm a digital and social type at a global marketing agency. I love creating things that make people take action.