- The C Word The word community gets bandied about far too much. Just a quick tour around facebook throws up countless brands that are using it as a term to describe what they’re doing there. And ok, they might be talking to a large group of people, and they’re probably encouraging some kind of interactivity by running competitions […]
- Six obvious things you should be doing in UX for B2B but probably aren’t I was recently at the B2B event hosted by Google and there were some definite key take-aways from the event. But one that struck me like a bolt of lightning was how mobile and video are creating waves in Digital, and most companies are yet to embrace it! But we already knew that, didn’t we? […]
- Google B2B B2B Marketing is changing. Is your business ready? B2B@Google will bring together B2B experts and your peers to inspire you to ignite change in your organization.
- Same sh*t. Different day. I did have another title for this blog: “Same same, but different”, but when I had a proper, honest think about it, I decided it was far too weak and didn’t get across what I really feel. Besides, you probably wouldn’t have clicked on it. I’ll politely call it Content Fatigue, but in truth, I’m […]
- Infographic: Social Media for Events Version 1 of our infographic please let us know what you’d add. Source: MOI Global Marketing Agency
- Social trends – why they are important… and why they are not As marketing people, there are two things we can’t help doing: making up new words (gamification, omnichannel, native advertising…) and jumping on the latest trends. We’ve always loved shiny new things – but while trends are important, we should never forget there are some fundamentals we will always need to get right. This blog highlights […]
- Ad:TechLondon 2015 – Social trends, why they are important and why they are not As marketing people, there are two things we cannot help doing: making up new-fangled words (e.g. gamification) and following the latest trends. We’ve always loved new shiny things and while trends are important, as social marketers, it’s important to remember that there are some fundamentals we need to get right. In this presentation, Joe highlights […]
- 6 reasons to adopt the Social Business… …and 5 things to overcome. I was prompted to write this post by a conversation with a potential client recently. One of the more interesting remarks he made was that he felt that only about 10% of organisations really understand the value of the social business – and even less know how to go about […]
- Nine trends in digital B2B If I’m practicing what I preached in a previous blog, then I should be deleting the word “digital” here. If all marketing innovation going forward will be digital, then then the term “digital” itself will be redundant. In the meantime, there’s still an offline world out there, so here’s my list of the top nine […]
- Digital as a Service: watch this space As B2B marketers, we really need to keep on top of where technology is going. We have to be prepared for whatever curveball is thrown our way. Wearable technology hasn’t yet taken off as expected, but it’s inevitable. Smartwatches aren’t that affordable – or, dare we say it, stylish – just yet, but that’ll change. […]
Imagination & Graft
These are the ramblings of a semi literate individual trying to make sense of it all. I'm a digital and social type at a global marketing agency. I love creating things people want, giving them something to talk about.